Our Immigration Services

Depending on where you live and the purpose of your visit and the duration of your intended stay in Canada you will have to meet specific entry requirements when applying to come to Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Perhaps you are already here in Canada and you are looking for options to legally stay or return to Canada later for a different reason…either way here at Canadian Portal Immigration we are here to assist you.

We provide the following types of Canadian immigration services:

Contact us today to find out if you are eligible! We are here to assist from start to finish.

For pleasure, business, transit, super visas for parents and or grandparents and of course extensions for those that are already in Canada as visitors.  You can stay for a maximum of 6 months, unless otherwise stated with a visitor record; and in many cases we can extend your stay from inside of Canada for an extended time-period.

ETA’s – if you are flying into Canada from a Visa Exempt Country you will require an Electronic Travel Authorization, commonly referred to as an ETA.

Temporary resident permits are used when an applicant may not be eligible for a regular temporary resident visa. If you currently considered inadmissible to Canada however you have a valid reason to travel to Canada, you may be eligible to be issued a temporary resident visa (TRP).  A permit is usually issued for the length of your visit to Canada—for example, one week to attend business meetings, or one year for a medical reason. You must leave Canada by the expiry date of the permit or we would need to apply for a new TRP.

Keep in mind that most work permits do require an employer to have been approved for a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment however; initial work permit applications for all temporary foreign workers made outside of Canada can be processed from start to finish with our assistance. We can also assist you in changing your status from a student or a visitor to that of a worker if you have a validated offer of employment and qualifyThis also includes Caregivers skilled and unskilled workers. We can process extensions and restoration of status for workers already in Canada as well as open bridging work permits for those that qualify – this includes also open work permits for spouses that are in Canada and those that have already been invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada and applied successfully for permanent residence in Canada. 

We love processing permanent residence applications for those that qualify for any of the economic programs! These include the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program and of course, the Federal Skilled Trades Program. We are also experienced with working with Caregiver permanent resident applications. 

As you may know the permanent residence programs in the economic categories are not first-come-first-serve. All applicants must be entered into the Express Entry Pool of candidates and be qualified for at least one of the economic programs to be eligible to be entered into the pool. Your express entry profile will only stay active for 12 months. Depending on your “rank” in the pool of candidates you may be issues an invitation to apply. Once invited an applicant is given only 60 days to complete the collection and submission of their permanent residence file. We would need to complete an initial assessment to further determine eligibility, category and where you would rank according to current invitation trends.

Also a personal favorite of the Canadian Portal Immigration team! We love being involved in family reunification.

A member of the family class can be your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner or dependent child (up to the age of 22). You may also be eligible to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child and or a dependent child of a dependent child.

Book and assessment today with our registered Canadian Immigration Consultant, Elizabeth Smith to further determine your eligibility to sponsor a family member.

Parent/Grandparent Sponsorship – Again, this type of application is not a first-come-first-serve type of application. It is a lottery. In 2018 the first 10,000 completed applications were processed. We can assist with this time sensitive application to further assist you in family reunification but first we need to determine if you are eligible to be a sponsor.

We can also complete an assessment and a different pathway because let’s face it…not all interested sponsors will meet the required financial cut offs to be eligible to be a sponsor. Best to check with our immigration consultant before starting this process. Let us help you!

H & C claims are a very unstructured category because it is specific to applicants that do not neatly fit into any other categories. The list of reasons that a H & C application may be the right application, is endless. The list of examples of where you could ask for an exemption is almost infinite, whether it is in relation to a study permit, work permit, live-in caregiver application or other circumstantial situation. Common reasons for making an application for Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration include but are not limited to:

  • Inadmissibility
  • Best interests of the child
  • Former Canadian citizens
  • De facto family members
  • Dealing with family relationships
  • Establishment in Canada: in-Canada applications
  • Ability to establish in Canada: overseas applications
  • Reconsideration of a negative decision
  • Statelessness

This is a great option for those that qualify! Each province has their own set of criteria, so we will need to assess based on skill and determine which provincial nominee program may be more likely to offer up the elusive nomination to support your application for permanent residence in Canada. Provincial programs usually tend to require an applicant to be residing in that province for a specific time period, be working with a valid work permit and could also require a specific amount of settlement funds. It all depends on the program and the province. The English requirement is typically a little lower than the economic programs and these programs also may cover occupations that are not eligible via Express Entry.

Provincial Nominee Program applications in many provinces, however. A great program that is not very well known is the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) which has a super Employer Driven Stream programs for skilled workers however they also have a program specifically for lower (semi-skilled) workers in different sectors as follows:

Industry: Food and Beverage Processing

Eligible occupations:

  • Food and Beverage Production Worker (NOC 9617)
  • Bakery Production Worker (NOC 9617)
  • Food and Beverage Processing Equipment Cleaner (NOC 9617)
  • Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters (NOC 9462)
  • Poultry Production Workers (NOC 9462)

Industry: Hotel and Lodging

Eligible occupations:

  • Food and Beverage Servers (NOC 6513)
  • Room Attendants (NOC 6731)
  • Front Desk Agent/Clerk (NOC 6525)

Industry: Manufacturing

Eligible occupations:

  • Eligible AINP Manufacturing Occupations (PDF) – the list is lengthy, so we are providing a link to the full PDF listing all eligible occupations – which includes shippers and receivers, many different types of machine operators and fabricators just to name a few.

Industry: Trucking

Eligible occupations:

  • Long-Haul Truck Driver (NOC 7511)

Industry: Foodservices (pilot project)

Eligible occupations:

  • Food and Beverage Servers (NOC 6513)
  • Food Counter Attendants (NOC 6711)
  • Kitchen Helpers (NOC 6711)

Canadian Portal Immigration can assist qualified students in applying for their study permit applications and post graduate work permits. Additionally, we can also assist in finding an appropriate program for you to study and then process the appropriate study permit (which you do need if you are going to stay and study in any program over 6 months in duration).

Add us on Facebook for free information, updates on changes with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)


© All rights reserved 2018 - CanadianPortalImmigration.com.